Sunday, March 2, 2008

Exciting Weekend

I did the most exciting thing this weekend......my laundry. I know what you are thinking but this is the first time in my married life (almost 5 years) that I have been able to do laundry in my own home. When we were first married I went to my parents house. When we moved to California I had to go outside, down the hall and hope there was a washer empty. I also has to hope the nothing was stolen. When I moved into this house I went next door, in rain or shine, to get clean clothes.


When we moved into our house I knew I want to get a washer and dryer with our tax money. On our first day to church I was in Relief Society where they pasted around a sheet of thing people needed or had things to give away and there it was. Someone was getting rid of a washer and dryer. I was so excited! I called them up and they still had them. There where both in good condition and the only reason they were getting rid of them is they got new ones.


So this weekend I did laundry at my own pace. I did not worry if they were empty. I did not have to go out in the rain and I loved it. I can't wait till next week.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like heaven. I have at least 2 more years before I can even dream about it. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! We have been fortunate enough to have a washer and dryer since we were married, but there are other things I would really like... my own place for example...:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, no wonder you were so excited! I can't imagine having to go outside and haul if back and forth. No fun. Congrats, happy folding! (That's the part I love, but I hate putting it away.)

    ReplyDelete